lovely (adj.) – 1) charmingly or exquisitely beautiful; 2) having a beauty that appeals to the heart or mind as well as to the eye; 3) delightful and highly pleasing; 4) of a great moral or spiritual beauty
A big, Texas THANK YOU to Michelle from Texas over at Diary of That Crazy Girl for the nomination for the One Lovely Blog Award!
Here are the Lovely facts about my Lovely self:
- I am “fun sized” (5’4″) and frequently have to have my pants hemmed, unless I want to wear 3″ heels with everything (and I am much too practical for that)!
- I have a freckle in the iris of my left eye, and I like to see how long it takes dates to comment on it. It’s small, so only the perceptive notice it!
- I have a passion to be a mentor and counselor to high school and college-aged kids. Everyone should have both a Barnabas and a Timothy.
- I’ve been to all 50 states in the U.S.
- I have a goal to visit all 7 continents (including Antarctica)!
- I have an engineering degree and also partial degrees in both biblical counseling and graphic design.
- I view myself as a chocolate covered marshmallow – hard on the outside but soft and gooey on the inside. And let’s be real. Everything is better with chocolate.
And here are my nominees, all Lovely bloggers in their own unique ways:
- Juni Desiree
- Little Sunshine at 1617 Sunshine Ave
- Paul at The Captain’s Speech
Thank you so much for the nomination! I love how you describe your height as fun size. So cool!
Hee hee, like a miniature Snickers bar! The best things come in small packages 🙂
Wow, thanks for the nomination, Aurora! You’re the first person I’ve ever heard refer to themselves as a chocolate covered marshmallow! I like it.
Heh, thanks. I suppose a woman describing herself as a marshmallow is not the most flattering of descriptions, but I don’t know any hourglass-shaped chocolate treats. 😉
After I wrote the post, I saw that you’d already been nominated for this award by somebody else, but I figured you’d still appreciate the knowledge that I think you have One Lovely Blog!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I feel so honored to be here! Wow! Thank you so much, lovely:-)
You have really been to all 50 states?! Wow, chapeau… Good luck on your travel goal! Antarctica sounds amazing!
Thanks! I am hoping to do a cruise to Antarctica first; then go to Australia and New Zealand to finish off my list of continents. What’s top on your travel list?
Pingback: One Lovely Blog Award – 1617 Sunshine Ave